In order to encourage new micro-enterprise the following graduated “rates holiday” for up to two years is available.
Where previously vacant enterprise space, is made available to, and occupied by, a new micro-enterprise, (less than 10 employees), the rates payable will be supported by the LEO subject to the terms below:
• 75% of the rates bill in the first year of occupation is paid by LEO
• 25% of the rates bill in the second year of occupation
• Details must be provided, and LEO must approve, of the business nature of the micro-enterprise.
• The new enterprise must be in continuous occupation of, and trading from, the premises for the full two year period.
• Premises must have been vacant for a period of 3 or more months, immediately prior to occupation
Applicants qualifying under this scheme will have the support applied to their rate accounts at the end of the year.
This is subject to the condition that the applicant has either paid the balance of rates owing by year end or is actively complying with an
agreed payment plan approved by the Council’s Finance Department.